Monday, June 29, 2009

wE WiLL mIsS yOu

So last night my family's chocolate lab Gus passed away. He had really gone down hill this past month and we went back and forth about putting him to sleep but none of us had the guts to do it...he has been in our family for 14 years and has been such a great dog, we loved him to much but it was so hard to see him suffer. So a few nights ago while my mommy was saying her prayers she asked my brother Cam to help us know what to do...and that it was going to be really hard for us to put him down but if that was what we needed to do then to give us the strength to do it. I truly believe that my brother came and got him to spare us the pain of having to take him and we are so grateful for that. Last night I was picking Mylee & Rosko up and I took them out to potty and I couldnt see Gus...and right as I noticed he was not out on the lawn Zoey (my brothers beagle) ran straight to the dog run and my heart sank as I followed her because I knew...I found him in his dog house. We will love and miss this dog so much he truly was such a companion and a member of the family but I find comfort in knowing that he is better and with my brother.

3 comments:

Wrendy and Bronson said...

Oh my goodness.. I am so sorry for your loss. It is always so hard to loose a pet. I don't know what I would do if I lost my lil Roxy. I can only imagine how sad this has been for you. At least your dog is in a happier place with lots of doggie's in doggie heaven!!

Denise H. said...

Ahhh, Girl your posts make me Cry! SO SAD!!!! I am so sorry for your loss. It is always so hard when a family pet (member of the family) passes away.

Although I bet your right about Cam taking him with him to burden your pain.

Oh and THANKS for the comment on my photog blog. I am so excited for your wedding!!!

Cody and Paige said...

Oh..thats so so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. Its way hard losing a pet cause they really are part of the family :(