Monday, February 22, 2010

...THIS WEEK...

This week they will be starting our fence, so in about a week I will be able to look out my back door and see this... (I cannot wait, I haven't been this excited since my wedding lol)Also I am very proud to tell everyone that I cleaned my closet and dresser out and got rid of tons of clothes, this is an accomplishment because it is the first time I have done it without my mom asking me too because I am out on my own. I tried doing the if you haven't worn it in 6 months thing then get rid of it but that was a little hard because two people couldnt wear all of my clothes in 6 months time and the sad thing is it is all fairly new thanks to my VISA :( Anyways I did succeed in getting rid of a big garbage bag full of clothes to send to the DI and another bag full of stuff to throw out because I don't send my hammered gross things to the DI. I felt so relieved after doing it that I am making it a goal to de-clutter & organize one thing at a time or just a big cleaning project that I keep putting off (example: cleaning carpets, trimming our bushes & pulling some out etc.) on a weekly basis. HAHAHA lets see how long this lasts, but I am sure going to try!
On another note, this weekend was quite the downer for us. We had two viewings on Friday and two funerals on Saturday. So we ended up going to one viewing on Friday, my sweet Uncle Scott lost his dad this past week. My heart is breaking for him and his family. Then Saturday we went to a dear family friend's funeral, and man was it a tough one to sit through I am pretty sure I cried the entire time. Bonnie was the sweetest woman I knew she would do anything for anyone, she always had a smile on her face and it was contagious you couldn't not be happy when she was around. During the viewing before one of my little flower girls Sadie asked her grandma "why do you have tears?" and then told her "don't cry grandma, her spirit is with us" sweetest thing EVER she is like 3 or 4. From that moment on I don't think I have felt the spirit so strongly in awhile like I did at that funeral, I know my brother was there with us and it was such a great feeling.

2 comments:

Cody and Paige said...

Ohh.. sorry you had a rough weekend girl. Good job on getting rid of all your old clothes though! That is SO hard for me, Cody just made me do it a couple weeks ago. I think he took like 4 big bags to the DI. Ahhh! I'm excited for ya to get your fence.. awesome!

The Jones said...

Isn't it funny what kinds of things we get excited about now?? ha, a fence and decluttering! I loved it...moments like that when you can feel the spirit so strongly are amazing...I always hold onto those feelings for when life is tough...