Wednesday, December 30, 2009

...NEW YEAR...

Ok so I know I have been slacking on my posts so here is one, but I am going to warn you it might be a downer because I am just in a downer kind of mood lately so read at your own risk :) Well Christmas came and went, and it was good but I am glad it is over to be honest, it is just hard for me to be happy around the holidays I am tired of it being so commercialized and all about gifts so that so many of us forget what Christmas is all about. And I am not ready to start a new year I honestly wish I could go back a few years and stay there FOREVER (with the exceptions of being married to Dust and my sweet girl Mylee) but then at the same time I am glad to see 2009 be in the past, it was an emotional rollercaoster for my family and so many 1st's (as in Cam's 1st birthday since his death, the 1st New Years Eve, 1st Easter, 1st time celebrating my birthday without him since he was born, 1st Memorial Day and so on) it made it a rough year and they say time will heal and I am hoping it does I know it will never take the pain away or make us forget but hopefully it will get easier. We had to watch our BEST FRIENDS that are more family bury their young son and that tore me apart for them to feel that pain I know oh so well and seeing them suffer is so hard. We also lost my Great Grandma Tice ironically exactly one year to the day that my other Great Grandma died last year. But 2009 also had its ups I married my best friend and the love of my life and we bought our first home together. I feel like throughout the past year my relationships with my husband, parents and family have become stronger and I am so grateful to have them in my life. I still need to decide what my New Year's Resolution is going to be (I am thinking to lose some weight and be more positive). I want to say thanks to all my family and friends who have been there for us this year through the happy and sad times, and to all my blogging friends that leave me sweet comments and want to know what is going on in our lives. I hope that everyone has a FUN and SAFE New Years! :)

2 comments:

Cody and Paige said...

Good post girly.. I'm sorry you have to deal with so much pain this time of year and through all the 1st's with Cam. Your such a strong person, I know it will get easier for ya. Hang in there and if you ever need to vent you have my numb :) Here's to a new year!

Cody and Paige said...

Thanks Kaylee.. you've been so sweet through all this and I know it's because you've been there. I appreciate your friendship :) (Maybe one of these days we'll actually get together!) It's going to be a hard weekend but we'll make it. No plans for a baby yet.. but that would be fun to be prego at the same time.. we'll see!