Monday, December 7, 2009

BaBy BuG...

Ok so this blog post is going to get a little personal for me but I need some help. As a woman what do you do when you are more than ready for a baby but your husband is not jumping on board with it? I feel like being a woman getting preggers is such an amazing thing to be able to carry a life that you created in you and when you are ready for it but your hubby isn't it is a VERY emotional thing, trust me I am in the middle of it now. I have been ready for months but agreed to hold off until after our vacation to Jamaica in May of next year but here is where it gets a little personal for me. As you all know I lost my little brother a year ago and he visits me often in my dreams, well for about a month now every time he comes I have been telling my mom I think he is trying to tell me our baby is ready, so I just played it off but a couple weeks ago he came again and the message was very clear he brought a baby girl to me and she was mine! So now this baby thing has become such a MUST for me and after having my brother tell me it is time I feel like I can't wait any longer and in my heart it is just what I am ready for at this point in my life. It has made me emotional and I cry about it all the time, the combination of wanting it to begin with and now having my brother tell me it is time is becoming unbearable not to get prego. So here is the million dollar question how can I make my hubby see why this is so important to me cause trust me I have tried and is it selfish for him to be holding me back or me pressuring him into it! UGH so frustrating! :(

5 comments:

Allison and Darin said...

Is the reason for waiting because of the vacation? Or is there some other reason? If so, maybe you guys can sit down and just list your priorities together. Being at odds on this subject will only hurt you both because it takes you off the same page. Don't get up till you've agreed on something... good luck!

Cody and Paige said...

Hmmm.. frustrating I'm sure :( I don't think you are selfish for wanting one now and I totally see your reasoning. Has Dust given any reasons as to why he wants to wait? Vacation, money, ect? Figuring this out might help to start the ball rolling. Your time will be come honey! Maybe he is nervous about such a big thing/change.

Unknown said...

Oh Kaylee, that dream sounds so amazing!! Dreams like that really mean something..
Do what Allison said, just sit down and lay it all out on the table. Take everything into consideration. And once he realizes how important this is, he might change his mind! And maybe you two can make a compromise?
I hope you can work this all out!!
And when you do, let me know how it goes. And one day I might need your tips because Erik and I aren't ready to have kids any time soon.. But I know that once I am ready, he wont be! He wants to wait a longgg time.

Denise said...

I don't have any super advice, but I can tell you that the Lord works in mysterious ways. It will happen when it is supposed to. My twins were not planned and looking back I can see that God knew it was time for them to be in our family so when it's HIS time, it will happen. Perhaps your brother visiting you is his way of preparing you and it might just take Dust a little bit longer. Patience is key...I promise you it will happen. It is an AMAZING journey - best of luck to you both. :) HUGS!

The Jones said...

Kaylee, reading this post gave me the chills...Just having an experience like that is amazing...Next time you talk to Dust about it, have him give you the specific reasons that he has for wanting to wait...and verbalize that you know those are very good reasons (even if we dont agree or understand, cause to him they are valid reasons)Then explain to him why its so important to you (both of you really, your family!) Then maybe he will be more willing to compromise?? This is so hard...but know that Cam is taking care of your little one til you can take over...There is alot of comfort in that!! Love ya girl!