Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No MoRe TaNNiNg FoR mE...

So for months I have been a TOTAL FREAK about being tan in all my pictures and for my wedding day, especially since my hair is super blonde right now I didn't want to look like a ghost. Well recently a really good friend of mine, actually she is family...anways Stacy told me to never go tanning again because her cousin has Melanoma and it is just not worth it. So that got me wondering and I have done a ton on research on it and let me just tell you if you have not read about it and you tan you NEED too. It is so scary, I read how it not only affects your skin but can affect your organs and insides :( Also that if you tan regularly before the age of 30 you are 70% more likely to get it! I was so amazed at how many people get it and die from it a year, it totally freaked me out and I never care if I get into a tanning bed again I will just be white and I really will be because I have such fair skin. So for the wedding I am going to do the whole spray tan thing, Karlie found a way good place that I am going to use but does anyone have any recommendations on how soon before the wedding I should go? I heard for the first day maybe two it gets on your clothes a bit and I really don't want it on my dress! HELP!

6 comments:

Denise H. said...

I used to do the mystic all of the time and I LOVE IT!

This is what I did before my wedding. I have freckles that I didn't want to show so I didn't want to go tanning before my wedding because it would only make them darker. So I used the Jergens Healthy Glow for weeks prior to the wedding and then did the Spray Tan two days before. I looked tan but not too tan.

That is what worked with me. And I agree on the tanning thing dangerous. But sometimes it just feels so good to lay down and relax in those warm beds. :)

Denise said...

Way to go girl! I have read WAY to many blogs of people age 32 and under that have passed away from Melanoma. Many of them that never even spent lots of time in the sun but are fair skinned. Like you said, it's just not worth it. And look at it this way...if you stop going now you will look younger in the long run since you won't have as much sun damage. Way to go, Kaylee! We can be whities together! LOL!

Cody and Paige said...

This has totally been freaking me out too! I never used to care or listen to anyone but lately I have been kinda scared about it! I used to go like 3 times a week and I'm proud to say since June (before my trip to Florida) I have only been twice.. really good for me! I will be white with ya! Ha ha I would so much rather be safe then sorry.

Spray tanning.. I love it but if you have never done it before you might wanna try it like this week to see what you think and so ya can figure it out before the wedding. I would go like 4-7 days before your wedding so it doesn't get on your dress and it has time to set in and look natural. I went the day of my high school graduation and I looked WAY too tan and I stunk like the stuff.. yuck!

brady and kenzie said...

Shae used to bug me about not tanning and scare me about it all the time so I have done a lot better lately and have been doing spray tan.
I did spray tan the day before my wedding and I loved it! I did get a little on my dress because it was like 90 degrees and when you sweat, it bleeds a bit. I would say do it two or three days before...I bet that would be perfect. The first day you look kinda dirty and have to scrub the excess off. It seems like after you shower about 4 times it is almost gone so i wouldn't go to long before the wedding.
BTW, got the invite...SUPER cute. I saw Tara's with all the seperate cards and that is such a cute, unique idea!!

Unknown said...

Yeah I stopped tanning a couple years ago! It was hard to get used to at first, I felt SO pastey white! But now I don't really care! Better safe than sorry :)

I don't know much about the spray tan, but we sell self tanner in the salon I work at, and its the BOMB. Its called St. Tropez.

Wrendy and Bronson said...

I use Jergens as well and really like it. I have done the spray tan a couple times and love it as well. It dry's shortly after. You just can't shower for 8 hours, and wear dark clothes. I go to "Merilee Benware, at New Image Day Spa." She is great!!I think you get $10.00 off if you mention my name. I think.. ha And like Paige said, I would totally try it before your wedding so you know if you like it or not.