Friday, August 28, 2009

OuR bIsHoP...

So I just wanted to blog about how I am feeling today. I wanted to tell everyone what an AMAZING bishop we have. As some of you may know my family and I have not been to "regular" with going to church the past little while for different reasons, lazy is probably the real reason when it comes down to it. Anyways while Cameron was in the hospital and after he passed our Bishop was by our side every step of the way, and even though that is what they do he was there as a friend and a bishop, he truly cared about Cameron's and our well being. Not once did he ask us to come back to church or pressure us to he was simply just there for us for whatever we needed. At that point I decided that my heart was completely set on this amazing man marrying Dustin and I when we were ready, and now that time is here. Our bishop was diagnosed with bladder cancer a month or so ago and they removed a cancerous tumor from him. He went back last week for more check ups/surgery and every tumor they removed from him was non-cancerous! He ran into my dad this morning and told him the good news and said that he wanted to thank our family for praying for him because he knows that we have a special link up there and he knows our prayers helped him. He also said I know one of the reasons I am better is because Cameron knows how much it means to his sister that I marry them. I just wanted to say how grateful I am for special people like him in my life and for the church, we all know that our Bishops are chosen by our Heavenly Father and they get chosen because of the wonderful people they are and the strong testimonies they have. I also want to say how thankful I am to have the gospel in my life, no matter all the wrong choices I have made in my life or that I stopped going to church I have never stopped believing in the gospel. I feel so lucky to have it in my life especially after all we have gone through I always tell my mom I dont know how people can deal with death and just life without knowing their loved ones are in a better place and we will be with them again. One of my favorite sayings is "If God will bring you to it, he will bring you through it" I believe that with all my heart, life gets really crapy sometimes and we may not know why we are experiencing the trials we are but there is a purpose and someday we will learn why if we stay strong.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome Kaylee, you really inspire me :)

Cody and Paige said...

Oh Kaylee.. this post seriously brought tears to my eyes. I can totally relate to the church thing. Cody isn't a member so we haven't been active at all since we have been together but it has never weakened my testimony. I'm always grateful for the knowledge of the gospel in hard times. I know your brother is watching over you and he would be so proud of the person you are.

Shanna said...

Kaylee that is such an awesome testimony! i am so grateful you wrote that. it made me cry! you are such a sweet girl

Unknown said...

Kaylee, I just ran across you blog and I loved this testimony you shared. Bishop are truely amazing and inspired men. I'm so glad that such an amazing man is going to be the person to marry you and your sweetheart!