Monday, March 29, 2010

...BELIEVE IT OR NOT...

Yes t day at lunch I went to the distribution center and purchased a new set of these... well I got the quad thing with all of it.I know I am just as shocked myself. Although I have not been on the "right" path for the last several years of my life I have NEVER stopped believing my LDS beliefs. If it was not for the church I don't know how I would get through the loss of my little brother. So last night during one of my emotional break downs I was talking to my mom and all of the sudden I just felt that I needed to get up and go get my scriptures and start right on page 1 of The Book of Mormon, I know without a doubt it was my brother telling me I needed to do this so I am going to do it. I had to get some new ones because in my older age I can't read the super cool tiny ones I had when I was younger, I am getting blind. I believe we are prompted to do these kinds of things so I am going to go with it, I figure it can't hurt me any. I don't know if he wants me to find something in there that will comfort me while dealing with his death or just that I need to do it because I should and I will find a whole lot of comforting things. I am not ready for the whole church thing again but I figure this is a step in the right direction. So thank you to this stud for giving me the push I needed...

And also yesterday was my daddy's 40TH birthday, he has reached that milestone :) I forgot my cable so I will have upload birthday pics tomorrow.
I feel so blessed to have THE BEST DAD EVER, really me and my brother could not ask for a better person to call our Dad. Whether it be packing us in out of the gas station while we were still in car seats just so we could go get a coke with him or laying in bed with us when we were younger until we fell asleep so we weren't scared. My Dad loves us and my mommy unconditonally and I value the close relationship that I have with him. So Happy Birthday Daddy, I know it's still hard to celebrate with Cam gone but he is with us and I hope you had an awesome birthday!

3 comments:

Shanna said...

kaylee thats so neat! i'm glad for you. thanks for sharing that girl. we can all be better at reading right?! ha ha

The Jones said...

Oh Kaylee, I freakin love you so much! I loved this post, thanks for sharing such vulnerable feelings with us. You do have an amazing dad, he loves his family more than anything...great example for us to follow! See you this weekend!

Cody and Paige said...

I'm proud of you girl! Keep it up, I hope you find the peace and comfort you need :)